My favorite thing is not a physical item. It’s both a web service and a piece of software called Simplenote. Since I write from many different places, it’s important to have my drafts and ideas with me. Simplenote does exactly that for me. I can pick up my iPhone, open up a draft and add some thoughts no matter where I am – at lunch, in line at the store, wherever.
When I’m at home, I can create / edit notes from my iPad, or my iMac. In fact, using the web service, I can access my text files with any computer. No matter where I am, if I have access to the internet, I can write. As a writer, nothing else is more important.
The next Favorite Things post will be from Sam Spurlin of The Simpler Life.
Previous posts in the Favorite Things series:
- Sharpie Pen by Craig Keirstead of Simple Black Coffee
- Clothing by Joshua Millburn of The Minimalists
- TUL Pen by Kevin Lemere of Ground Up Life
- Evernote by David Damron of Life Excursion
- Nothing by Dusti Arab of Minimalist Adventures
- Chrome Shoes by Seth Werkheiser of The Bike Nerd
- Work Boots by Andrew Odom of Tiny r(E)volution
- Safety Razor by Bernie Mack of Get Off This Wheel
- iPod Touch (+4 more) by Serena of The Everyday Minimalist
- Kitchen Tools by Cheryl Breuer of Peculiar Girl
- Headlamp by Jennifer Miller
- Books by Naomi Seldin Ramirez of Simpler Living
- Bicycle by Beverly Army Williams of PoMo Golightly
- Birkenstock Sandals by Robert Wall of Untitled Minimalism
- Cup of Coffee by Matt Madeiro of Three New Leaves