My favorite item is a Merkur Double Edge Safety Razor. Before the safety razor, I viewed shaving as a daily chore. With the safety razor, shaving is more of an event that I look forward to every morning. There is just something “old school” about using a shaving brush and mug soap paired with a single razor blade. It’s simple, elegant and pure. Once you master the proper shaving technique, it will produce the closest shave possible!
Over a six-month period I am only spending about $4.00 for mug soap and $2.50 for razor blades (10 cents each – one blade per week.) This is also very “eco” – there are no metal aerosol cans and no plastic refill cartridges to discard!
The next Favorite Things post will be from Serena of The Everyday Minimalist.
Previous posts in the Favorite Things series:
- Sharpie Pen by Craig Keirstead of Simple Black Coffee
- Clothing by Joshua Millburn of The Minimalists
- TUL Pen by Kevin Lemere of Ground Up Life
- Evernote by David Damron of Life Excursion
- Nothing by Dusti Arab of Minimalist Adventures
- Chrome Shoes by Seth Werkheiser of The Bike Nerd
- Work Boots by Andrew Odom of Tiny r(E)volution